We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 20 cookies
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Fans of turtle candy will rejoice at this inspired cookie recipe. Right below the layer of crunchy, chocolatey, and yummy goodness is another layer of buttery heaven. You might even say that this easy cookie recipe is worth coming out of your shell for!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine first 3 ingredients in a mixing bowl; beat well at medium speed of an electric beater. Pat mixture firmly into an ungreased 9- x 13-inch pan. Arrange pecans over crust.
- Combine 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Spoon mixture over pecans. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle top with chocolate chips. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly melted. Gently swirl chocolate with a knife, leaving some chips whole (do not spread); let cool. Cut into squares.
- Be creative when packaging homemade cookies and candies for gift giving. Use colorful tins, bags, boxes, or cellophane to add a decorative and festive touch to your package. And don't forget a special gift tag and note. These added touches will be a reminder of your gift long after the goodies are gone.
- Love this easy cookie recipe? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in our 2014 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a last-minute dinner party, or just looking for a way to fancy up a quick weeknight dinner? Well then, our Really Easy Pork Scaloppine is just the ticket. This dish looks fancy schmancy, but it only takes 10 minutes to make!