Banana-Chocolate Chip Biscotti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This biscotti recipe is our greatest yet! Our Banana Chocolate-Chip Biscotti is the best dessert recipe there is if you're looking to blend the silky sweetness of chocolate chips with the always delicious flavors of banana. This easy dessert recipe is going to be a game changer for your cookie jar.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mashed very ripe banana (1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in banana, vanilla, and eggs until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. On the baking sheet, shape each half into a 10- x 3-inch rectangle.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on baking sheet 15 minutes, then move to a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut each rectangle crosswise into 3/4-inch slices.
- Place slices cut side down on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 additional minutes or until golden brown and dry on top. Turn cookies over and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheet to rack.
Check this Out!
- We love this biscotti recipe so much that we're sharing a few more! You'll love this Triple Chocolate Biscotti for it's flavorful crunch and, when you're looking for something lighter, you'll want our Berry Nutty Biscotti recipe. Our cookie jars are filled with something new and yours will be too!
- Can't get enough Italian desserts? We can't either! That's why we made this collection of our favorite Italian Dessert Recipes! Each one is a real treat. But your favorite will be Nonna's Cannoli Poke Cake.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
This biscotti recipe is loaded with chocolate chips! If you're looking for more chocolate chip loaded desserts, check this out!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.