Frosted Nutmeg Sticks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Frosted Nutmeg Sticks are the perfect companion for your coffee this holiday season! When it comes to Christmas cookie recipes, these are the best of the best; when it comes to seasonal flavors, our sweet and creamy cookies, topped with festive nutmeg, are just what Santa was hoping for!
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and rum and vanilla extracts; mix well. Add flour and 1-1/4 teaspoons nutmeg: mix well.
- Shape dough into logs about 3-inches by 1/2-inch long and place on baking sheets 2-inches apart. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat Frosting ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Frost each log then drag the tines of a fork through the frosting to create design (See Photo). Sprinkle with additional nutmeg.
Check This Out!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We love it when a recipe is so light and creamy it literally just melts in your mouth. This delicious peanut butter fudge recipe does just that! Seriously, they say everything in moderation, but this sweet treat isn't going to make it easy.