Patriotic Sugar Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 20-24 depending on size of cookie cutters
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
Whether it's Memorial Day, Independence Day, or any other patriotic holiday we've got the sugar cookie recipe that's going to wow at your celebration! These sweet treats have only 6 ingredients, and they're so easy to make. Plus, you get to exercise creativity and find new ways to decorate these Patriotic Sugar Cookies!
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1 (16-ounce) container white frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and almond extract until smooth and creamy. Add egg; mix well. Add flour all at once and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle extra flour generously on work surface. Work with half the dough at a time, and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness. Using your favorite cookie cutters, cut out cookies, and place on baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough, re-rolling the trimmings to make sure to use all the dough.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set. (Don't allow cookies to brown!) Cool on wire racks. Frost and decorate cookies as desired. (In this case, we gave it a red, white, and blue theme to celebrate our favorite patriotic holidays, but you can decorate for anything you like!)
Test Kitchen Tips
- Decorate this sugar cookie recipe in style by learning how to take your plain old sugar and giving it a little pop of color. Howard shows you how easy it is in his How To: Make Colored Sugar!
- Forget buying frosting to decorate with. You can make your own with Howard's How To: Make Frosting video! You won't believe how easy it is.
- Decorating Tip: If you're celebrating in honor of a special military someone, add their name to the cookie for a little something special.
- For more red, white, and blue favorites, check out our Perfectly Patriotic Desserts!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.0g 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 0.0mg 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a crowd pleaser, look no further than our all-time favorite Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. The creamy filling between two layers of chocolate chip cookie dough make this a heavenly treat that no one can resist. Don't be surprised when they reach for two of these chocolate chip cheesecake bars!