Patriotic Sugar Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 20-24 depending on size of cookie cutters
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
Whether it's Memorial Day, Independence Day, or any other patriotic holiday we've got the sugar cookie recipe that's going to wow at your celebration! These sweet treats have only 6 ingredients, and they're so easy to make. Plus, you get to exercise creativity and find new ways to decorate these Patriotic Sugar Cookies!
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1 (16-ounce) container white frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and almond extract until smooth and creamy. Add egg; mix well. Add flour all at once and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle extra flour generously on work surface. Work with half the dough at a time, and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness. Using your favorite cookie cutters, cut out cookies, and place on baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough, re-rolling the trimmings to make sure to use all the dough.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set. (Don't allow cookies to brown!) Cool on wire racks. Frost and decorate cookies as desired. (In this case, we gave it a red, white, and blue theme to celebrate our favorite patriotic holidays, but you can decorate for anything you like!)
Test Kitchen Tips
- Decorate this sugar cookie recipe in style by learning how to take your plain old sugar and giving it a little pop of color. Howard shows you how easy it is in his How To: Make Colored Sugar!
- Forget buying frosting to decorate with. You can make your own with Howard's How To: Make Frosting video! You won't believe how easy it is.
- Decorating Tip: If you're celebrating in honor of a special military someone, add their name to the cookie for a little something special.
- For more red, white, and blue favorites, check out our Perfectly Patriotic Desserts!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.0g 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 0.0mg 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an all-in-one skillet meal that your family is sure to love! Our All-in-One Sausage Dinner is made with your favorite Italian sausage, along with some veggies, and yummy egg noodles. Everything cooks together in a homemade sour cream sauce for extra-goodness. And it only takes about 30 minutes!