We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
We grew up enjoying a store-bought version of these, but now we can make them right in our own kitchens for about half as much money. And don't worry - the only place these will melt is in your mouth.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25 ounces) box chocolate cake mix, mixed according to the package directions
- 1 (16 ounces) can ready-to-spread white frosting
- 4 cups shredded coconut
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fill 24 muffin cups that have been coated with cooking spray about half-full with batter.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool 10 minutes, then remove from baking tins and place on cooling racks.
- Freeze cupcakes for 2 hours, until firm. Remove from freezer and frost top and sides of each cupcake. Sprinkle generously with shredded coconut, completely covering frosting.
These cupcakes can be made in advance and kept frozen in an airtight container until they're needed. Then, just frost, top with the coconut, and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon custard pie was one of Honest Abe's favorites. His first taste of it came from Nancy Breedlove, the owner of a hotel he frequently stayed at. He loved her lemon custard pie so much, he asked her to share the recipe. Our version may not be exactly the one that's been used at the White House for years since, but it's still amazing!