Fudgy Cherry Cola Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're only five ingredients away from some of the fudgiest cupcakes that you've ever tasted. You see when the melted chocolate chips combine with the cake mix and cola, you get moist and Fudgy Cherry Cola Cupcakes unlike any other!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, plus 24 whole cherries drained on a paper towel, for garnish
- 1 (18-1/4-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup regular cola soda
- 3 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 6 tablespoons regular cola soda
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening until smooth. Dip each whole cherry into the chocolate mixture, coating completely. Place on wax paper and set aside to harden.
- In a large bowl, prepare cake mix according to package directions using the eggs and oil called for, but replacing the water with the 1/2 cup cola soda. Stir in chopped cherries and evenly spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; let cool. Remove from pans.
- To make the frosting, in a medium bowl, place confectioners' sugar; set aside. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, cola, and cocoa. Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly. Pour cocoa mixture into confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Spread frosting over cupcakes and garnish with chocolate-covered cherries.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 279
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 5.9g 29 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 1.3g 3 %
- Cholesterol 10mg 3 %
- Sodium 201mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 48g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 38g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
No game day bash is complete without a platter stacked high with chicken wings, and our recipe for Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings is a flavor-packed winner. Coated with a to-die-for lemon pepper sauce, these homemade chicken wings are like nothing you've ever had before.