Marshmallow Flower Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These beautiful spring cupcakes were created and shared by our friends Alan Richardson and Karen Tack, authors of the hugely popular cookbooks "Hello, Cupcake!" and "What's New, Cupcake?" They're perfect for your Easter celebration or anytime!
What You'll Need
- 12 unfrosted vanilla or favorite flavor cupcakes
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate frosting
- 1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
- Green and yellow food color
- 12 marshmallows
- 1/2 cup each yellow, pink and orange nonpareil sprinkles
- 2 each yellow, red, orange, green and black spice drops
What to Do
- Spoon chocolate frosting into a resealable plastic bag. Tint vanilla frosting bright green with the green and yellow food colors. Spoon 1/2 cup green frosting into a resealable plastic bag. Press out excess air; seal bags.
- Place each color of sprinkles in a separate bowl. Working with one sprinkle color at a time, cut a marshmallow crosswise into 5 thin slices, letting slices drop into sprinkles. Toss to coat sticky areas of marshmallow with sprinkles. Repeat with remaining marshmallows and colored sprinkles to make 20 petals of each color.
- Cut each spice drop in half crosswise. For ladybugs, cut 2 of the halved black spice drops in half again to make quarters. Press one quarter against one half of a red spice drop to make the head and body. Snip a very small (1/16-inch) corner from the bag with the chocolate frosting. Pipe the line down the back of the red spice drop; add spots and antennae with chocolate frosting.
- Working on one cupcake at a time, spread top with some green frosting and make smooth. Arrange 5 same-color marshmallow slices in a circle, like the petals of a flower, on top of each frosted cupcake. Press a cut spice drop, cut-side down, in the center of each petal arrangement. Repeat with remaining cupcakes and marshmallow slices.
- Snip a small (1/4 -inch) corner from bag of green frosting. Pipe lines of green frosting as the stems on a serving platter (see photo). Add several leaf shapes next to the stems with frosting. Arrange cupcakes on platter to look like a bouquet of flowers. Add spice drop ladybugs.
Learn how to make colored sugar with this short "how-to" video and cupcake decorating will be a breeze.
Check out these simple vanilla and chocolate cupcake recipes that you can decorate like a pro!
|If you like this recipe, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook|
|Download this FREE eCookbook, Fast & Fun Cupcakes: 18 Best Cupcake Recipes, for some great recipes that'll make baking fun!|
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 511
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 19g 29 %
- Saturated Fat 3.8g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.1g 6 %
- Cholesterol 55mg 18 %
- Sodium 398mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 80g 27 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 57g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.