Peanut Butter and Banana Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Youâ€™ll love the homey flavorful combo of peanut butter and bananas in our Peanut Butter and Banana Cupcakes. Peanut butter frosting tops cupcakes made with banana bread muffin mix for a homemade treat fit for a king!
What You'll Need
- 1 (14-ounce) package banana bread muffin mix, prepared and baked according to package directions
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter until thoroughly combined. Mix in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, frost with peanut butter frosting.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring until chocolate is melted and smooth. Place mixture in a resealable plastic bag, snip off corner with scissors, and drizzle evenly over cupcakes. Refrigerate cupcakes until chocolate is set.
Another treat that features Elvis's favorite combo of peanut butter and bananas is The King's Cake. It's definitely rockin'!
Want even more of our favorite peanut butter recipes? Check out our collection Peanut Butter Recipes: Our Top 40 Recipes with Peanut Butter.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 323
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 6.2g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 5.8g 12 %
- Cholesterol 21mg 7 %
- Sodium 323mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 27g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the root vegetables are on sale at your market, you've got to fill up a few bags, 'cause you're going to need them to make this recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables. Roasted vegetables are good as-is, but by tossing them in just a little olive oil and adding some basic seasonings, we really enhance their flavors!