Amish Potato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This farm-style Amish Potato Salad will take your taste buds to Pennsylvania Dutch country in an instant. Made with your own fresh ingredients, this potato salad recipe beats anything you could buy at the market! It's perfect for potlucks, picnics, or just as a side dish for your favorite warmer weather meals.
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds potatoes, cut into quarters
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
What to Do
- Place the potatoes in a large pot, fill with enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook about 20 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain, set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine mayo, sugar, mustard, vinegar and salt, mix well.
- Place the potatoes, eggs, onion and celery in a large bowl. Pour in the dressing and gently stir until thoroughly mixed. Chill 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Amish recipes are always super popular. It's no surprise, because they always come out so good! For more Amish recipes check out our Classic Amish Dessert Recipes!
- One of our favorite recipes, especially during the spring and summer, is Amish Harvest Tomatoes! Simple to make, refreshing to eat!
- Love this recipe? Make sure to tell us your thoughts in the comments!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more great picnic ideas, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 249
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 1.3g 6 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.1g 10 %
- Cholesterol 80mg 27 %
- Sodium 560mg 23 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.6g 15 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!