Homestyle Potato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
It's a down-home, "oldie but goodie" recipe filled with hard-boiled eggs, celery, mayo, and other classic add-ins. Homestyle Potato Salad is a great picnic or potluck bring along, plus it'll keep for days in the fridge.
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds white or red potatoes
- 10 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place potatoes in a large soup pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes into chunks and place in a large bowl. Add egg, bell pepper, and celery; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour sour cream mixture over potatoes and mix until thoroughly combined. Chill 2 to 3 hours before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you've got kids to take to after-school activities or just an afternoon of errands planned, these Gooey Peanut Butter Squares make for a great on-the-go snack. They're ooey-gooey sweet while still packing in some nutritious ingredients, like whole-grain cereal and protein-rich peanut butter. They're sure to keep everyone going!