Sunday Afternoon Pickles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 7 Cups
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 2 Hr
When you're just kickin' back on a lazy Sunday, you need an easy-to-make snack that you won't feel guilty about later. These Sunday Afternoon Pickles have the added bonus of staying good for weeks in the fridge so you've always got some munchies handy.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups peeled and thinly sliced Kirby or other cucumbers (about 3 pounds)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt; mix well. Add the cucumbers and toss until well coated.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- This will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for several weeks.
You can spice it up a bit by adding a handful of chopped scallions or dillweed along with the cucumbers.
Don't stop there! We've got even more fantastic recipes with pickles right here.
- What else can you make on a lazy Sunday? Why, you can make these Day Off Chocolate Croissants, of course.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!