Bacon and Cheese Lover's Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Do you love bacon? How about cheese? If you nodded enthusiastically to either of those, then you're about to experience something wonderful...a Bacon and Cheese Lover's Pie. It's a quiche-style dish that's absolutely loaded with cheese, bacon, and some chopped spinach. You'll be smiling from your first forkful to your last.
What You'll Need
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 17-ounce package)
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pie crust in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate and flute edges.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheddar and Swiss cheeses; sprinkle half the mixture into bottom of pie crust. Sprinkle bacon bits over cheese, top with spinach, then remaining cheese.
- In the same bowl, combine eggs, half-and-half, onion powder, and pepper; beat until thoroughly mixed. Pour into pie crust; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
All time favorites together in the same dish? Yes, please to Double Bacon Mac 'n' Cheese!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's something about a buttery pretzel roll that always hits the spot. We've got a better-than-store-bought option for you in our Homemade Pretzel Rolls! These warm, buttery rolls are easy to make and will change any dinner menu or sandwich from ordinary to extraordinary. That's why we love them.