Easy Egg and Cheese Souffle
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're thinking that egg souffles are too delicate, too touchy, and too much work to prepare, think again! We've got a quick way to make an Easy Egg and Cheese Souffle that'll delight your taste buds every morning. Egg souffle recipes for breakfast are one of our favorite ways to start the day, and we think you'll feel the same once you get a taste of this cheesy, fluffy goodness! So the next time you think making a breakfast souffle is too hard, just remember this recipe and watch your breakfast routine be transformed!
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 dash Dash ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices white bread, crusts removed and slices cut in half diagonally
- 4 cups (16 ounces) grated Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart souffle or baking dish (with 4-inch sides) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly beat together the eggs, milk, ground red pepper, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Line bottom of prepared baking dish with 4 bread halves. Sprinkle with one-third of the cheese and pour one-third of the milk mixture on top; press down. Repeat layers twice. Press everything down lightly to saturate the bread.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until brown and bubbly, and a knife inserted through center shows that bottom is set.
- For a creamier souffle, assemble then refrigerate this several hours before planning to serve. Bake just before serving. (It could take 10 to 15 minutes longer to cook after being stored in the fridge.)
- You can also add 2 thickly sliced tomatoes, cooked broccoli, asparagus, green beans, or leftover cooked ham or chicken to make this souffle pop. Just add the meat or vegetables on top of the bread-cheese-milk layers and press down. Repeat sequence twice, ending with meat or veggies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's something about a buttery pretzel roll that always hits the spot. We've got a better-than-store-bought option for you in our Homemade Pretzel Rolls! These warm, buttery rolls are easy to make and will change any dinner menu or sandwich from ordinary to extraordinary. That's why we love them.