Farmer Cheese Omelet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Farmhands of all ages will line up to get a taste of this easy Farmer Cheese Omelet. It's a 15-minute breakfast skillet recipe that's full of farm fresh pickins and cheesy flavor! This is an omelet you'll find yourself making time and time again.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon onion, diced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup farmer cheese, crumbled
What to Do
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Saute onion until soft. Add mushrooms and red pepper, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. Add parsley, salt, and pepper.
- In the skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Pour the egg mixture into the hot skillet and cook until almost set. Add the sauteed vegetable mixture and farmer cheese, distributing evenly. Continue to cook until the cheese melts.
- Fold the omelet in half and slide onto a warm plate.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're new to the world of "melting potatoes," then you're in for a real treat! Melting potatoes are potatoes that are crispy on the outside and melty-delicious on the inside. We used sweet potatoes in this recipe to make a version that's perfect for Thanksgiving. Our Melting Sweet Potatoes feature a maple glaze and a pecan topping for extra goodness.