The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 2 Min
In just minutes, you can mix and cook up the tastes of the Mediterranean in your very own omelet! What could be a better breakfast or light lunch or dinner than this flavorful blend of eggs, feta cheese, spinach and kalamata olives?
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs and water and beat lightly with a fork; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat; add spinach and saute 30 to 60 seconds, or until lightly wilted. Remove spinach from skillet; set aside.
- Melt remaining teaspoon of butter in skillet; add eggs and allow to set up for 1 to 2 minutes. Place cooked spinach on one side of omelet, sprinkle with olives and feta cheese then fold omelet in half and serve.
- Eggs are an all-natural, high-quality protein food that provides 13 essential vitamins and minerals for just 70 calories. The high-quality protein in eggs helps you stay satisfied throughout the day, which can help with weight loss, and provides the energy you need to get through busy days.
- Eggs are one of the most affordable sources of high-quality protein you can buy. At an average price of just 15 cents per egg, eggs deliver a nutrient bang for your calorie buck, providing a number of important nutrients for only 70 calories per egg.
- To maintain freshness and practice smart food safety, cook any dishes containing eggs to 160 degrees F. and ensure that the yolk and white are both firm.
- Jump start your morning with a healthy breakfast - check out How to Start Your Day Out Right: 11 Healthy Breakfast Recipes today!