We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Omelet-in-a-Bun is a portable breakfast sandwich that guarantees that your family has all the energy to start their day off right. This tasty veggie and cheese omelet tucked in a whole wheat bun is simply delicious.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup frozen tri-color pepper mixture
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Dash pepper
- 1 slice provolone cheese, cut in half
- 1 whole wheat or white hoagie-style bun, toasted
What To Do:
- In a 7- to 10-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet, saute pepper mixture in 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat until tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from pan. Clean pan.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, water, salt, and pepper until blended. Heat remaining butter in same pan over medium-high heat until hot, tilting pan to coat bottom. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges.
- Gently push cooked portions from edges toward the center with inverted turner so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. Continue cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- When top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, spoon peppers down center of omelet; top with cheese. Fold omelet sides in with turner; slide omelet into bun. Cut in half.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Rise 'n' Shine Breakfast Bake
- Rise 'n' Shine Omelet Cups
- 10 Easy Quiche Recipes for Brunch
- Bacon 'n' Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- Coffee Cup Scramble
- Picnic Time Deviled Eggs
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Fancy-Dancy Quiche
- Bacon and Cheddar Deviled Eggs
- 25 Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole Recipes