The World's Best Western Omelet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Craving a big, fluffy, cheesy omelet like the kind you can order at your favorite breakfast restaurant? Here it is! We've stuffed this one with lots of onion, green pepper, and ham to create The World's Best Western Omelet. Once you see how easy it is, you'll be making overstuffed omelets all the time!
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
What to Do
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add ham, bell pepper, onion, garlic powder, and salt. Saute 4 to 5 minutes, or until veggies are tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with water. Add to skillet and with a rubber spatula, gently stir, pushing the cooked portion of the eggs to the center of the pan.
- When eggs firm up and are no longer liquidy, sprinkle half the omelet with cheese and top with ham mixture. Cook until cheese is melted. Slide omelet onto platter, fold over filling, cut in half, and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Calories 327
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22g 34 %
- Saturated Fat 9.7g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 27g 53 %
- Cholesterol 422mg 141 %
- Sodium 872mg 36 %
- Total Carbohydrates 4.1g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 2.1g 0 %