Beer Battered Fish Fry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pancake mix isn't just for breakfast, and beer isn't just for drinking. Proof of that is with our mouthwatering pub-style recipe for Beer Battered Fish Fry. You'll lure everyone to the table with this catch!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1 egg
- Peanut oil for frying
- 2 1/2 pounds white-fleshed fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, beer, and egg; mix well.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Dip fish pieces into batter, coating completely, then fry in oil 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until coating is golden and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
- You can substitute club soda for the beer, if you prefer. If batter begins to thicken, just add a bit more liquid.
- We suggest serving this with our "Grate" Carrot Salad as a refreshing side!
- Looking for even more easy fish recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Gone Fishin': 45 Easy Fish Recipes for Salmon, Tuna, Shellfish, & More!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.