Buttermilk Fish Fillets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've never used buttermilk in a batter, are you ever in for a treat. Our delicious crispy batter-fried Buttermilk Fish Fillets will win you loads of tasty compliments.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds white-fleshed fish fillets
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil, plus more if needed for frying
What to Do
- Place fish in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and pour buttermilk over fish, completely coating it. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once.
- In a shallow baking dish, combine biscuit baking mix, salt, and ground red pepper; mix well. Remove fish from buttermilk, discarding excess buttermilk, and place in biscuit baking mixture, coating evenly on both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place a few pieces of fish in skillet and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove to a paper towel-lined platter, cover with foil, and repeat with remaining fish, adding more oil if needed. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a delicious and guilt-free way to enjoy apple coffee cake! This recipe comes from our new diabetic-friendly cookbook, Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites. Don't worry, we're not sacrificing any of the taste. In fact, just one bite, and you're going to be hooked! Don't be surprised when family and neighbors are lining up outside your kitchen for a taste of our Guilt-Free Apple Lovers' Coffee Cake!