Catfish 'n' Slaw
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bring a little taste of the South to your kitchen with our recipe for Catfish 'n' Slaw. We coated U.S. farm-raised catfish in a flavor-packed island seasoning before pan-frying it and finishing it off with a homemade tropical coleslaw. One bite of this dish and you'll be saying, "Let's make some more, ya'll!"
What You'll Need
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons blackened seasoning (see Note)
- 4 (6-ounce) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine coleslaw mix, bell pepper, onion, pineapple, sugar, vinegar, and oil; mix well and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Sprinkle blackened seasoning evenly on both sides of fish and place in skillet. Cook 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork; remove to a platter.
- Spoon coleslaw over fish and serve.
- To make your own blackened seasoning, in a small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Mix it all together well.
- For more tasty recipes like this one, click here.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Farmer's Dressing is a creamy, easy-to-make homemade salad dressing that is sure to take your salad to the next level. Filled with delicious cucumbers and a simple spice blend, our Farmer's Dressing will be a delight to drizzle over your salad, whether it's at the potluck or around the dinner table.
The Ultimate Tuna Melt
Crabmeat Stuffed Salmon
All-American Fish Cakes
Seafood-Stuffed Fish Fillets
Buttermilk Fish Fillets
Pan-Fried Red Snapper
A Good Fish Dish
Gone Fishin: 45 Easy Fish Recipes for Salmon, Tuna, Shellfish, & More!
Easy Tuna Recipes: 13 Tuna Salad Recipes, Tuna Casserole Recipes, and More