Crab Stuffed Catfish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It sure is easy to dress up catfish! This southern dinner recipe is a real treat 'cause it combines two of our favorite kinds of seafood: catfish and crab. This is the type of recipe you pull out when you're really trying to show off to your family and friends, but do you want to know a secret? It only sounds difficult to make. It's actually pretty simple! Just follow a few simple steps and in about a half hour, you can have a tasty southern dinner on your table.
What You'll Need
- 6 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 can (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crabmeat, bread crumbs, celery, eggs, mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well.
- Place the catfish fillets on a work surface and season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Spread the crabmeat stuffing equally down the center of each fillet, roll up, and place seam side down in the baking dish. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.
If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 433
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 7.9g 39 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 41g 82 %
- Cholesterol 233mg 78 %
- Sodium 766mg 32 %
- Total Carbohydrates 14g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 1.6g 0 %