Creamy Parmesan-Mushroom Mahi Mahi
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't normally hear about seafood being described as a "cozy comfort food," right? Well, with this seafood dinner recipe for Creamy Parmesan-Mushroom Mahi Mahi, we're about to defy all expectations. The cheesy mushroom combo adds a warm, filling touch to this dish, reminding us of the kind of recipe that our mother would make for us when the weather would get cold. This recipe, however, is tasty all year round, so get ready for some good eatin'!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, sliced into 8 equal pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 (6-ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook mushrooms 5 to 6 minutes, or until they release liquid and the liquid reduces 1/2 of its volume.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream cheese pieces, Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley flakes, and lemon juice. Cook until cheese liquefies and forms a thick sauce, stirring constantly.
- Place fish fillets in prepared baking dish. Spoon mushroom mixture over them, smoothing with the back of a spoon.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining butter and parsley flakes, and bread crumbs; mix well. Sprinkle over mushroom mixture and bake 10 to 15 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.