Fancy Fast Catfish Fillets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This holiday season, why not try something new that everyone will love? Yes, we’re talking about serving U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish along with your traditional favorites. Team it up with roast beef and you have the best Surf & Turf ever; next to a spiral cut ham and it’s a welcoming lighter option that’ll be the talk of the meal. And with it being so available and priced right, you can’t miss.
What You'll Need
- 6 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- Onion powder for sprinkling
- 6 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese, cut in half diagonally
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups crushed herb-seasoned classic stuffing mix
- Dried rubbed sage for sprinkling
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place catfish fillets on baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with onion powder. Top each fillet with 2 pieces of Swiss cheese and sliced mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the soup, wine or broth, pimientos, and parsley; pour over fish. Sprinkle stuffing mix over the top and lightly sprinkle with sage. Drizzle butter over the stuffing.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until fish is cooked through in center and flakes easily with a fork.
Test Kitchen Tip:
We love fried catfish, but this holiday, shake things up a bit by trying your catfish topped with chunked crab meat and hollandaise sauce, to make it Oscar style. Or include it as part of the feast of the seven fishes on Christmas Eve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)