Fresh Catch Strudel
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We’ve all heard of apple strudel, however, we bet you’ve never had anything like our strudel that’s brimming with spinach, cheese, and farm-raised catfish. Its savory, so it’s just as welcome at a cocktail party served with a glass of wine, as it is as a main dish served with a simple salad. And when you find out how easy it is to make, you’re going to want to make this again and again.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound U.S. farm-raised catfish
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced red pepper, drained
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place catfish on baking sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until firm in center. Let cool slightly then break into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine fish, spinach, cheese, red pepper, and soup mix; mix gently until well combined.
- Unfold both sheets of puff pastry and place each on separate baking sheets. Spoon half the catfish mixture lengthwise down the center of each pastry sheet. Cut slits one inch apart lengthwise down each side of filling on both sheets of pastry. Braid dough over filling, overlapping to form “X” shapes.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water. Brush dough with egg mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!