Skinny Poached Salmon
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Eating healthier doesn't have to equal boring! Our Skinny Poached Salmon is cooked in a flavor-locking foil packet, and then drizzled with a Dijon mustard glaze. It's a recipe that'll make your tummy happy, and before you know it...smaller!
What You'll Need
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper for sprinkling
- 4 slices lemon
- 4 sprigs dill plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
What to Do
- Place 4 pieces of aluminum foil each about 8 inches long on a flat surface. Place a salmon fillet on each piece of foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place a slice of lemon and sprig of dill on top of each fillet. Pour a tablespoon of wine over each fillet, then fold up ends of foil, making sure seams are closed.
- Place a steamer basket in a large pot or deep skillet. Over high heat, bring an inch of water to a boil. Carefully place the foil packets in the steamer basket and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, mustard, and chopped dill. Open foil packets carefully, remove salmon to a serving platter, and drizzle with glaze; serve immediately.
Want more great recipes to help you stay on track for the new year? Check out our ecookbook, Lighten Up: 20 Tasty & Healthy Recipes for the New Year from Mr. Food.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Two of your favorite flavors come together in this delicious cake recipe. Our Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cake is topped with a fluffy layer of marshmallow creme and a creamy-smooth peanut butter frosting that's oh-so-delectable and simply irresistible!
- Seafood-Stuffed Fish Fillets
- Campfire Rainbow Trout Fillets
- Barbecue Salmon Salad
- Country-Style Fish & Grits
- Buttermilk Fish Fillets
- Crabmeat Stuffed Salmon
- Fresh Catch Fish Scampi
- All-American Fish Cakes
- Easy Tuna Recipes: 13 Tuna Salad Recipes, Tuna Casserole Recipes, and More
- Sheet Pan Maple Salmon