Caramel Frozen Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 3 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
You don't have to wait for summer to roll around to enjoy an ice cream treat. Our recipe for Caramel Frozen Squares is an ice cream dessert that packs in some of your favorite fall flavors like caramel and pecans.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (13-ounce) package pecan shortbread cookies
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
What to Do
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine brown sugar and evaporated milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon butter and the vanilla; set caramel sauce aside to cool.
- Place cookies in a resealable plastic bag, seal, and using a rolling pin, crush cookies to the consistency of medium-coarse crumbs; set aside 1-1/2 cups of crumbs. In a medium bowl, combine remaining crumbs with remaining melted butter.
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Press crumb mixture into baking dish. Pour 3/4 of the caramel sauce over the crumb crust. Carefully cover with ice cream.
- Evenly drizzle the remaining sauce over the ice cream. Top with reserved cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze at least 3 hours, or until firm.
- These can be cut into squares and individually wrapped and frozen to enjoy one at a time if you're not expecting a big crowd.
- We've got even more fantastic summer desserts you'll love. Find some of our favorites with our collection, Easy Summer Recipes: 6 No-Bake Desserts.
- Ice cream lovers rejoice! We've got plenty more ice cream recipes where this one came from. Find 'em all here!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a tried-and-true favorite with our recipe for Homestyle Buttermilk Cake. This cake will remind you of all the times grandma would call you to the table and have a large slice and a glass of milk waiting for you. It's such a classic!