Cookie Crust Ice Cream Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With July being Ice Cream Month we thought it would be a good idea to create a fun-to-make and fun-to-eat ice cream pie that’s a real show-stopper. Of course, when it come to the ice cream, feel free to use your favorite flavor and then decorate it with anything from fresh berries to ice cream toppings.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed vanilla wafer cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 18 whole vanilla wafer cookies
- 4 to 5 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (9.1-ounce) package mango mochi ice cream
- 4 to 5 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; mix well. Press into bottom and a 1/2-inch up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Place whole cookies aroud the sides of the pie plate to finish forming a crust. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Spoon vanilla ice cream evenly into crust. Place mochi ice cream pieces on vanilla ice cream and press lightly into ice cream. Spoon strawberry ice cream evenly on top.
- Freeze pie for 4 hours or until firm. When ready to serve, garnish with whipped cream and cherries.
Test Kitchen Tip:
The nice thing about this pie is you can make it in advance and cut a slice whenever you’re hankering for something cool and creamy.