Ice Cream Angel Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't need to turn on your oven to make an angelic dessert! Our recipe for Ice Cream Angel Squares is the perfect no-bake dessert for those warm-weather months.
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) angel food cake loaf
- 1 (3.5-ounce) jar macadamia nuts, chopped (see note)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 to 1 cup chocolate sauce
- 3/4 to 1 cup caramel sauce
What to Do
- Dissolve coffee granules in 2 teaspoons hot water.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric beater until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add coffee, and beat until spreading consistency.
- Trim crust from cake. Cut cake into 6 (2-1/2-inch by 1-inch) squares. Spread frosting on top and sides of squares; roll in nuts. Top with ice cream, and drizzle with sauces.
We love the rich, buttery flavor that the macadamia nuts give to this angelic dessert, but dry-roasted peanuts will work just as well. You'll want to use 3/4 cup of chopped peanuts in place of the jar of macadamia nuts.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"