Pineapple Freezer Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When it's hot out and we don't want to to turn on the oven, how do we make a special cake? We pop it in the freezer! Our Pineapple Freezer Cake is one of our most popular no-bake desserts. Give it a try and you'll understand why!
What You'll Need
- 2 (3-ounce) packages ladyfingers, split in half (see Note)
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (4-1/2-serving-size) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Line a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, then line the bottom and sides of the pan with ladyfingers.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple and pudding mix; mix well then fold in the whipped topping. Spread one-third of the mixture over the bottom layer of ladyfingers, then repeat layers 2 more times with pineapple mixture and ladyfingers, ending with a layer of ladyfingers.
- Cover and freeze at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, invert over a serving platter, remove pan and plastic wrap, then slice.
- Make sure to use the soft, spongy ladyfingers, not the hard biscuit type. If ladyfingers are unavailable, you can substitute cut-up poundcake.
- Garnish with dollops of whipped cream and maraschino cherries for an extra-special look!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spice to your life with our recipe for Sriracha Short Ribs! These short ribs are cooked till they're fall-apart tender and then slathered with a delicious sauce made from Sriracha sauce, honey, and lime juice. The results are absolutely mouthwatering!