Crazy Good Ice Cream Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! July is National Ice Cream Month and we wanted to create something new and fun to celebrate. Our Crazy Good Ice Cream Cake is filled novelty treats and creamy scoops of ice cream that your taste buds will fall in love with! It's layer upon layer of simple, but oh-so-delicious ingredients that you can find right in the freezer aisle of your favorite grocery store!
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-ounce) package sugar cones, coarsely crushed (12 cones)
- 4 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 4 to 5 assorted novelty ice cream bars and cones (see Tip)
- 4 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 4 cups black cherry chip ice cream, softened
- 8 mini novelty ice cream cones, as shown
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed, for garnish
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
What to Do
- Place crushed ice cream cones in the bottom of a 10-inch spring form pan. (You’ll want to keep these in 1-inch pieces and not pulverized). Spoon chocolate ice cream over crushed cones and gently spread it, creating an even layer.
- Although this may sound odd, lay 4 or 5 novelty ice creams on their side on top of the chocolate ice cream layer. (These can be anything from your favorite ice cream sandwiches, nutty-topped cones, or frozen candy bar creations. Just make sure there’s nothing with a stick in it like a frozen pop).
- Top those with a layer of slightly softened mint chocolate chip ice cream, making sure you press the ice cream in and around the novelties. After that layer is smooth, top that with a layer of black cherry ice cream and level that out.
- Insert mini ice cream cones into the top layer of the “cake” (as shown). Garnish with whipped topping and cherries and freeze at least 4 hours or until ice cream is solid. Remove the ring of the spring form pan and cut into wedges.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip
- For novelty ice cream, we tested this with Snickers® and Twix® ice cream bars, and M & M®’s ice cream sundae cones and then used Blue Bunny® mini cones to garnish it. Make sure you visit the freezer case so you can pick out your favorite novelties and flavors of ice cream to personalize this to your family’s taste.
- Remember to add the whipped topping and, of course, the Maraschino cherries on top!
- If you love our ice cream cake, make sure to check out our Fabulously Easy Freezer Cakes collection! There's definitely something for everyone.
- Want fun desserts for any occasion? Try our Candy Bar Milkshake Sundae, Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Sandwiches, and this delicious Bow Tie Cake!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Calories 206
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 6.1g 30 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.5g 7 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 72mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 20g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Let's be honest, we sort of miss the days when the lunch lady used to scoop up heaping portions of her sloppy joe mixture onto hamburger buns. There was something about Lunch Lady Sloppy Joes that made 'em extra-special. Now, we've come up with a recipe that we know would be lunch lady-approved, and ya don't have to wear a hair net to serve it!