We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't be fooled by the name. Benedict Watermelon is a refreshing watermelon and yogurt salad combo that looks like a classic Eggs Benedict. Maybe serve it on the side for an eye-catching fruit salad to go with any of your breakfast favorites.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat granola
- 1/3 cup honey, at room temperature
- 4 (3-inch round and 3/4-inch thick) circles of seedless watermelon
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices of peeled kiwi fruit
- 1 cup low- or non-fat creamy lemon yogurt
- 2 purple grapes, sliced in half and seeded, for garnish
What to Do
- Mix granola with honey by drizzling honey evenly over granola as you stir.
- On a serving plate, make 3-inch circles of granola in even thickness, dividing the granola/honey mixture evenly among the servings. Top each granola circle with a watermelon slice and place a slice of kiwi on each watermelon circle. Spoon yogurt over kiwi and watermelon as though it were hollandaise sauce on Eggs Benedict. Top each Watermelon Benedict with a grape half, skin-side up as a garnish reminiscent of the olive slice traditionally found on Eggs Benedict.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
No game day bash is complete without a platter stacked high with chicken wings, and our recipe for Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings is a flavor-packed winner. Coated with a to-die-for lemon pepper sauce, these homemade chicken wings are like nothing you've ever had before.