Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Fresh Apricot Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fresh Apricot Pie sure lives up to its name! Unlike many pies, its fruit is sweet, fresh, and comes right from the orchard, not a can!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) package folded refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- 5 1/2 cups sliced fresh apricots (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unfold 1 pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing crust firmly into plate.
- In a large bowl, combine apricots, sugar, and flour; toss gently then spoon into crust and dot with butter.
- To make lattice top, use a fluted pastry wheel or sharp knife to cut remaining crust into long 3/4-inch-wide strips.
- Arrange strips first in one direction across pie then in the opposite direction, using longer strips near the center of the pie and shorter ones near the edges. When all strips are in place, trim crust all around and press firmly around rim to seal crusts together. Flute crust, if desired.
- Place pie on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until crust is golden and juices are bubbling.
Don't forget to rate our recipe for Fresh Apricot Pie in the comment section below. We'd also love to know how you'd make this recipe your own!
- For added flavor, sprinkle cinnamon-sugar over the pie crust just before baking.
- When apricots aren't in season, we love to use apricot preserves to make something sweet like these Apricot Crumb Bars.
- If you're looking for more easy pie recipes, check out our collection of 74 Easy Pie Recipes. Here you'll find plenty more fruit pie recipes like this Fresh Apricot Pie.
Would you try this Apricot Pineapple Braid?
Check it out in our collection of recipes with apricots.
Courtesy of the California Fresh Apricot Council