Frosty Cantaloupe Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's the secret to making our frosty cantaloupe soup so creamy? The secret "scoop" is the vanilla ice cream, and your gang is gonna love this cold fruit soup!
What You'll Need
- 1 medium-sized ripe cantaloupe, chunked (about 4 cups)
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- Half of a 6-ounce can frozen orange juice concentrated, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- Fresh mint leaves
What to Do
- Process cantaloupe chunks, ice cream, honey, and orange juice concentrate in a food processor until smooth, in batches if necessary; transfer to a large pitcher or serving bowl. Cover mixture, and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, gently stir in the ginger ale. Garnish individual servings with fresh mint leaves.
- For variety, you might want to make Honeydew Soup. Simply chunk up half of a large honeydew instead of a cantaloupe, and instead of orange juice concentrate, use half of a thawed 6-ounce can of frozen limeade concentrate.
- If you're looking for more chilled soup recipes, check out 17 Sensational Soup Recipes today!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a meatloaf that's really moist and packed with flavor! Our Italian-Style Meatloaf is made with a tasty combination of ground beef and ground pork, as well as some chopped eggplant and lots of Italian spices. It's a change-of-pace meatloaf that's perfect for tonight's dinner.