Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Grilled Spicy Watermelon
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Transform watermelon from sweet to savory with a mouthwatering Thai-inspired sauce for Grilled Spicy Watermelon. Watermelon wedges are grilled until caramelized, drizzled with garlic chili sauce, and garnished with cilantro. What flavor!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic chili sauce
- 1 pinch Pinch of salt
- 1 medium-sized watermelon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
What to Do
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime zest and juice, 3 tablespoons honey, garlic chili sauce, and salt.
- Cut watermelon into 1-inch-thick wedges. Lightly drizzle each side with remaining honey and place on grill. Grill until just browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place watermelon slices on a plate and drizzle with lime dressing. Garnish with cilantro.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board