We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mix up Summer Ambrosia for a quick taste of the South. This Dixieland favorite tastes even better frozen!
What You'll Need
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed (not evaporated) milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, well drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange segments, well drained
- 1 1/2 cups grape halves
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry halves, well drained (see Note)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, and lime juice; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix until well combined.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
To prevent the cherries from "bleeding," I suggest stirring them into the mixture just before serving. And for a really refreshing dessert treat, try serving this frozen.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.