Summer Citrus Mold
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Summer Citrus Mold will convince you that a chilled gelatin go-along for a summer get-together is the perfect way to say, "It's summer and I'm loving it!"
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-serving) package lime-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (see Note)
What to Do
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Remove from heat and gradually stir in the half-and-half and vanilla. Add sour cream; mix well. (Mixture will appear curdled.) Chill for 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- With an electric beater, beat until mixture is smooth then stir in the strawberries and lemon zest. Pour into a 9-inch pie plate and chill for 3 hours, or until firm.
What's lemon zest? Zest is the flavorful outside skin of citrus fruit. You can grate the citrus skin to get the zest, or it can be removed from the citrus with a gadget called a zester that's designed to remove the thin skin without going too deep and getting the bitter white skin.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.