Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Watermelon Banana Split
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This refreshing eye-catching twist on a banana split features lycopene-rich watermelon scoops in place of ice cream, which is higher in fat and calories. It's a healthy option that scores big points for looks and taste!
What You'll Need
- 2 bananas
- 1 medium watermelon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup caramel fruit dip
- 1/4 cup honey roasted almonds
What to Do
- Peel bananas and cut in half lengthwise then cut each piece in half. For each serving, lay 2 banana pieces against the sides of each of 4 banana split or other shallow dishes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place 3 watermelon "scoops" between the banana slices in each dish. Remove seeds, if necessary.
- Top each watermelon "scoop" with a different fruit -- one with blueberries, one with pineapple tidbits, and one with sliced strawberries. Drizzle caramel fruit dip over the top, sprinkle with almonds, and serve.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer summer months, then you've come to the right place. Not only is this strawberry ice cream recipe fresh as can be, but with only four simple ingredients, is easy as can be too! Using ripe and juicy strawberries, you'll bring it together with some condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. It doesn't get much easier--or summertime sweeter--than that!