Watermelon Patch Shortcake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to put some novelty into your dessert routine? Then you're gonnna love the big switch that a burst of juicy red watermelon brings to this shortcake. Our Watermelon Patch Shortcake will have everyone smiling!
What You'll Need
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (½ pint) heavy cream
- 2 cups watermelon, diced
- 1/2 cup raspberry Melba sauce
What to Do
Place the biscuits on a baking sheet and brush the tops with the melted butter. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon sugar and the cinnamon; mix well and sprinkle over the tops of the biscuits. Bake according to the package directions and let cool.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff peaks form.
Split the biscuits and top with half of the whipped cream. Divide the watermelon equally over the topping, reserving some for garnish.
- Replace the biscuit tops, then top with the remaining whipped cream and reserved watermelon. Drizzle with the raspberry Melba sauce and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a meatloaf that's really moist and packed with flavor! Our Italian-Style Meatloaf is made with a tasty combination of ground beef and ground pork, as well as some chopped eggplant and lots of Italian spices. It's a change-of-pace meatloaf that's perfect for tonight's dinner.