Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There is no better way to beat the heat of summer than with the cool, refreshing taste of watermelon salsa. Try it on chicken, fish, or just dip chips into this fruity Watermelon Salsa.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Granulated sugar, optional (depending on sweetness of fruit)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, pineapple, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño pepper; toss gently.
- Add lemon juice and season to taste with hot sauce, salt, and pepper. If additional sweetness is desired, add a small amount of sugar. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Makes about 4 cups salsa.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the root vegetables are on sale at your market, you've got to fill up a few bags, 'cause you're going to need them to make this recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables. Roasted vegetables are good as-is, but by tossing them in just a little olive oil and adding some basic seasonings, we really enhance their flavors!