Watermelon Swimming Pool
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Your summer party will be the hit of the season when your guests "dive into" this incredible looking watermelon fruit basket! With all the goodness of healthy fruit and the eye catching appeal, you'll make a big splash with this one!
What You'll Need
- 1 oblong-shaped seedless watermelon
- 1 (4-serving-size) package blue gelatin, prepared in a small plastic container according to package directions
- Assorted cut-up fruit pieces
- Beach-themed items for decoration
- Gummy fish for garnish
What to Do
- Cut a 1/4-inch slice off the bottom of the watermelon to provide a stable base.
- Draw lines in a wave design, with a sharp pencil or thin marker, approximately halfway up and all the way around the watermelon. Cut the watermelon along those lines.
- Scoop out the flesh with an ice cream scoop or large spoon, and reserve for fruit salad.
- Create a water scene by placing the blue gelatin container in the watermelon bowl. Fill in around the "water" with fruit salad cut into fun shapes and balls.
- Arrange small, clean, non-toxic, new, small beach-themed toys and plastic dolls toward the edge of the watermelon bowl to create a beach scene. Garnish the sides with drink umbrellas and plastic palm tree swizzle sticks, and add gummy fish to the top of the salad and gelatin to complete the scene.
Recipe adapted from the National Watermelon Promotion Board. For more watermelon information and recipes, go to www.watermelon.org
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to Christmas cocktails for your next holiday party, we've got one that's elf-tested and Santa-approved! It combines the refreshing taste of pomegranate with just enough rum to put everyone in the holiday spirit! While Santa usually caters to the kids, this spritzer is an adult-only beverage that will have everyone "rockin' around the Christmas tree" this holiday season.