We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Crisp romaine lettuce is easily transformed into our fresh-tasting Caesar Salad. Our Test Kitchen's homemade Caesar Salad dressing beats bottled by a mile!
What You'll Need
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups croutons (See Notes)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (2-ounce) can anchovies in oil, drained
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine romaine and croutons; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, the garlic, salt, and pepper; whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Add dressing to lettuce and croutons; toss to coat well.
- Top with anchovies and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- This can be turned into a chicken Caesar salad meal by arranging the salad on plates and topping with strips of grilled boneless, skinless, chicken breasts.
- If you'd like to whip up a batch of easy, crunchy homemade croutons, click here.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 381
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26g 41 %
- Saturated Fat 5.0g 25 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 13g 26 %
- Cholesterol 43mg 14 %
- Sodium 1,438mg 60 %
- Total Carbohydrates 23g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.2g 17 %
- Sugars 3.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)