Greek Island Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mr. Food got this recipe from a Greek Festival that he went to a few years back. He said everything about it was lively and tasty, from the music and the dancing to this Greek Island Salad and the other Greek specialties.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 (6-ounce) can pitted large black olives or Greek olives, drained
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Place the chopped lettuce on a platter. Top with the cucumber then sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Arrange tomatoes over cheese then top the salad with olives; drizzle dressing over salad just before serving.
Greek olives can be found at most supermarket deli counters or in the ethnic foods section.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 566
- Calories from Fat 500
- Total Fat 56g 85 %
- Saturated Fat 9.9g 50 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.5g 13 %
- Cholesterol 25mg 8 %
- Sodium 981mg 41 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.2g 13 %
- Sugars 7.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you've got friends coming over to watch a game, or you're just looking for an easy lunch or snack, these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are a real winner. Buffalo chicken makes for a tasty addition inside these cheesy quesadillas, and the celery adds a nice a crunch!