We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whip up our easy Icebox Salad the next time you've got company coming over and get ready to take in all the "oohs" and "aahs." This make-ahead, layered salad is both pretty and delicious. It's the all-American, hearty salad that everyone grew up eating, but in a party-size form!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3-ounce) container real bacon bits
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large glass bowl, layer half the lettuce, bell pepper, onion, peas, celery, mayonnaise mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers once more then top with bacon bits.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Toss just before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 343
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 8.4g 42 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 24 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 736mg 31 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 4.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.