We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whip up our easy Icebox Salad the next time you've got company coming over and get ready to take in all the "oohs" and "aahs." This make-ahead, layered salad is both pretty and delicious. It's the all-American, hearty salad that everyone grew up eating, but in a party-size form!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3-ounce) container real bacon bits
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large glass bowl, layer half the lettuce, bell pepper, onion, peas, celery, mayonnaise mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers once more then top with bacon bits.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Toss just before serving.
- Using a trifle dish or large glass bowl with straight sides allows us to see all the colorful layers of this salad.
- Looking for a salad that's a meal in itself? Try our Garbage Salad!
- This recipe pairs perfectly with our Unforgettable Chicken Casserole recipe!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.