We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whip up our easy Icebox Salad the next time you've got company coming over and get ready to take in all the "oohs" and "aahs." This make-ahead, layered salad is both pretty and delicious. It's the all-American, hearty salad that everyone grew up eating, but in a party-size form!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3-ounce) container real bacon bits
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large glass bowl, layer half the lettuce, bell pepper, onion, peas, celery, mayonnaise mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers once more then top with bacon bits.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Toss just before serving.
- Using a trifle dish or large glass bowl with straight sides allows us to see all the colorful layers of this salad.
- Looking for a salad that's a meal in itself? Try our Garbage Salad!
- This recipe pairs perfectly with our Unforgettable Chicken Casserole recipe!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 370
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 9.1g 46 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 25 %
- Cholesterol 50mg 17 %
- Sodium 741mg 31 %
- Total Carbohydrates 20g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 7.6g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say goodbye to boring hot dogs and hello to ones that are deli-delicious! Our Reuben Dogs are a mashup between a favorite deli sandwich (the Reuben!) and perfectly-cooked hot dogs. The tang of the sauerkraut, the gooeyness of the cheese, and the flavor of the Russian dressing make our hot dogs taste extra-special.