The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Italian BLT Bread Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Our BLT salad recipe combines America's love of bacon with a traditional taste of Italy. A lighter dish with just as much bold bacon flavor, our Italian BLT Bread Salad will be a fast favorite among the gang. An easy to prepare recipe with a quick cook time, this is a new twist on a classic BLT taste.
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) Italian or French bread loaf, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup olive oil-and-balsamic vinegar dressing
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place bread chunks on a baking sheet, and bake at 400 degrees 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Combine mozzarella and dressing in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag; cover or seal, and chill 1 hour.
- Toss together bread, olives, next 4 ingredients, and mozzarella mixture. Let stand 20 minutes. Serve over lettuce, and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Howard has some great advice on cooking bacon! These videos on How to: Fry Bacon, How to: Cook Bacon in the Oven, and How To: Cook Bacon in the Microwave offer a variety methods to make sure you get the flavor you're looking for!
- If you're looking for more BLT options, check out these scrumptious BLT Rollups or delicious Dressed-Up BLT Sliders!
- Fun Fact!
- According to food historian John Mariani, the BLT is the second most popular sandwich in the United States!
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
Dec 15, 2016
I love salads that are hearty enough to be a full meal!
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
We cant think of a better way to celebrate June is Dairy Month than by making a decadent, Italian style cheesecake that uses a collection of dairy aisle favorites.