Make Ahead Refrigerator Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A lettuce salad that we can make ahead of time? Sure! Wanna know how we do that without the salad wilting? The trick is in the layers. The ingredients don't get mixed together till we toss the salad just before serving!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium-sized head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3-ounce) container real bacon bits
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large glass bowl (see Note), layer half the lettuce then half the red peppers, onion, green peas, celery, mayonnaise mixture, and cheese.
- Repeat layers then top with bacon bits. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving (see Note).
Using a trifle dish or large glass bowl with straight sides allows us to see all the colorful layers of this salad.
Make a dessert instead with the help of our recipe collection, 40 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts.
- We've got more layered salad recipes we know you'll love like our Chilled Stacked Salad and Seven Layer Potato Salad.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 373
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 9.1g 46 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 25 %
- Cholesterol 50mg 17 %
- Sodium 741mg 31 %
- Total Carbohydrates 20g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.9g 12 %
- Sugars 7.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a meatloaf that's really moist and packed with flavor! Our Italian-Style Meatloaf is made with a tasty combination of ground beef and ground pork, as well as some chopped eggplant and lots of Italian spices. It's a change-of-pace meatloaf that's perfect for tonight's dinner.