Mexican Caesar Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that traditional Caesar salad has nothing to do with Julius Caesar? Nope. It actually originated in Mexico. And this version gives it more typically Mexican flavor.
What You'll Need
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dry taco seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
What to Do
In a large bowl, combine lettuce, chips, and Parmesan cheese. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour over lettuce mixture and toss until well coated and combined. Serve immediately.
For a more authentic Mexican flavor, substitute grated Cotija cheese for the Parmesan cheese. Cotija can usually be found in specialty cheese departments.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.