Refrigerator Layered Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Refrigerated Layered Salad is a super make-ahead salad that holds up well and looks as good as it tastes. With a rainbow of colorful layers and taste bud-pleasing textures, this salad recipe is perfect for entertaining.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 10 radishes, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, and curry powder; mix well and set aside.
- In a large glass serving bowl, layer the lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, radishes, cheese, and bacon bits.
- Spread curry dressing over top; cover and chill overnight, or at least 2 hours, before serving. Toss and serve.
The nice thing about this salad is that it can be made a day ahead of time so there's no last-minute chopping and preparation. Of course, if you want to make it just before serving, you can do that, too. It's just as good that way!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 399
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 29g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 8.1g 40 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 13g 25 %
- Cholesterol 43mg 14 %
- Sodium 610mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!