We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is the perfect portable salad, especially when it's paired with this creamy, homemade dill dressing. Bring it to your next get-together and your no-plate salad will be the most talked about recipe. Salad Skewers are easy to assemble and even easier to eat!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 medium head iceberg lettuce, cut into 12 chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into 12 chunks
- 1 medium-sized yellow bell pepper, cut into 12 chunks
- 1 small cucumber, cut into 12 chunks
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- DILL DRESSING
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- On each skewer, thread one chunk each of lettuce, onion, bell pepper, and cucumber, and 1 tomato. Place on a serving tray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all Dill Dressing ingredients; mix well. If serving immediately, drizzle over skewers, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
You can substitute almost any of your favorite vegetables for those listed, including broccoli and cauliflower florets, radishes, carrots, and bell peppers in other colors.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Need a full-of-flavor pork tenderloin recipe that's also quick to get on the table? Well then, our Skillet Parmesan Pork is perfect for you! The whole family will love the seasoned-to-perfection taste, and you'll love that it comes together in about 10 minutes. Sound too good to be true? Well, go ahead and give yourself a pinch, cause not only is this real, but it's perfect to make any night of the week!