Hot Cocoa Dippers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For that friend who always has their hands around a hot cocoa mug during the holidays, these Hot Cocoa Dippers will be a welcome treat. Easy to assemble and decorate, these make for a great last-minute Christmas gift idea!
What You'll Need
- 24 small or large candy canes, unwrapped, divided
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Place a candy cane in the center of each marshmallow; set aside. Place remaining candy canes in a resealable plastic bag and using a mallet, finely crush. Place in a bowl.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening; microwave 1 minute, stir, and continue to heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Dip marshmallows in chocolate, covering all sides and letting excess drip off. Sprinkle crushed candy canes over chocolate and place on wax paper to cool.
For gift giving, wrap in cellophane paper and tie with a decorative ribbon.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!